Sanitizing Hospitality/Cooking Equipment With Steam
Professional kitchens, cafeterias, and food preparation and packaging facilities all have one common problem – the mess. Preparing food, cooking food, and serving food is never a completely clean and spotless process. While it is easy to wipe up a spill here or there, or sweep up some things off the ground, anyone that has worked in a professional kitchen before knows that it goes far beyond a spill or mess here or there. Professional and commercial kitchen and food preparation facilities can get food, cooking oils, grease and other bacteria on more than just the stove. It can get on the floor, the walls, the ceilings, and in virtually any small nooks and crannies throughout the room. If food comes into contact with old food particles, cooking grease or other bacteria, it can become hazardous and may pose a risk to the consumer. Because hygiene is an essential part of the food preparation industry, steam cleaning is the ideal way to keep your kitchen or food preparation facility not only clean but sanitized.
Instill confidence in your customer’s about the quality of service you provide, and the high cleanliness standard to which you hold your kitchen or food preparation facility by implementing a steam cleaning protocol. Fortunately, Vapamore steam cleaners are the best way to keep your kitchen and facility safe during food preparation, processing and packaging. High-end steam cleaners heat water to such a high temperature that it produces a steam that is capable of disinfection, killing 99% of bacteria. Steam not only cleans all surfaces but can penetrate porous surfaces and can get into the tiniest of spaces to lift, remove and disinfect in a way that no chemical cleaner can. Steam cleaners can sanitize everything, including slicers, scales, racks, cooking surfaces, ovens, grills, stoves, burners, vents, hoods, flooring, grout, and more. It removes stains from surfaces and properly cleans stainless steel. Additionally, it can remove any visible and invisible residue to ensure that no hazardous bacteria is left lurking, waiting to potentially contaminate your food. While chemical cleaners will do a basic job cleaning surfaces, they will not get into small spaces and you do not want your food to come into contact with chemical residue. Steam will get into any space and leave no residue because it is cleaning with just water that has been heated to an extremely high temperature – making it the green choice. Additionally, by implementing a steam cleaner to your sanitization process, you will save money in the long run because all it requires to clean is water, rather than having to constantly purchase new chemical cleaning products. To implement not only the safest, most eco-friendly cleaning process that will leave your commercial kitchen or food preparation completely sanitized and spotless, use a steam cleaner.
Invest In A High Quality Steam Cleaner to Save Money
A good, high-end steam cleaner may come with a high price tag than some bargain steam cleaners but it more than worth the money to make the investment. High quality steam cleaners, like the products produced by Vapamore, can heat to a much higher degree, providing a better clean in a myriad of applications. Vapamore steam cleaners are constructed of high quality materials, capable of heating to a much higher temperature than many other steam cleaners, are portable and can replace a vast majority of cleaning products in tools inside and outside your home. In fact, investing in a steam cleaner can actually save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
While you may not think the savings would be very substantial, they actually add up quite quickly. First, think about all of the different cleaning products you use just inside your home. Products to clean your windows, counters, toilets, showers, floors, mattresses, rugs and more. They each have their own unique needs that necessitate separate products. A steam cleaner will allow you to toss all of those chemical cleaners, or at least dramatically reduce them, allowing you to clean your home in a more eco-friendly way that is still very effective. In fact, steam is just as effective, if not more effective, than chemical cleaning products, capable of killing 99% of harmful bacteria. Rather than constantly re-supplying your chemical products, you can make a one-time investment in a steam cleaner that only requires water going forward. This savings alone will pay for your steam cleaner in no time. But, this is not the only way your steam cleaner will save you money.
Additionally, you may pay for services like carpet steam cleaning or other cleaning services for your home. Once you have purchased a steam cleaner those services will not be required because steam cleaning is quick and effective. Furthermore, steam cleaning will save money by protecting your health. Whether you suffer from allergies or want to stop the spread of flu from ravaging your entire family, steam cleaners are effective at reducing these concerns. Steam cleaners can be used to clean your HVAC system, mattresses and other areas of your home to reduce common allergens that may trigger allergy symptoms. Additionally, steam cleaners are so effective at killing bacteria that they can help stop the spread of infection. They are so effective at stopping infection that even hospitals implement steam cleaning for patient safety. By reducing allergies and stopping illnesses from circulating in your home, your health, as well as your family’s will be dramatically improved. So, while a high-end steam cleaner may be an up-front investment, it will more than pay for itself over time.
Take Your Steam Cleaner Outside To Clean
When you think of steam cleaning you may think of disinfection, carpet cleaning, grout cleaning or a variety of other things. What may not pop into your mind right off the bat is all the possibilities for using your steam cleaner outside of your home. Yes, a portable steam cleaner is the truly the best multipurpose, versatile cleaner, capable of being used in a wide variety of applications. Cleaning outside your home may have been a painstaking, frustrating process in the past, requiring a lot of cleaning products and tools. Below, we explore different ways to use your portable steam cleaner when cleaning outside.
- Patio Furniture
- Your patio furniture has to weather the outside elements including rain, dirt, debris, birds and other critters, and your use so it is no wonder it can wear out easily. Cleaning patio furniture is a frustrating process because, in no time at all, it can be very dirty again. Patio furniture tends to have lots of small areas in which dirt can get trapped and once it is dirty it is hard to get it really clean again. However, steam can handle the job. Steam cleaners focus their vapor steam through a nozzle to penetrate deeply and lift and remove dirt and debris, leaving your patio furniture looking as good as new. And, the best part of all is that it is quick and easy so frequent cleaning is a breeze.
- Grill & Outdoor Kitchen
- Your outdoor kitchen and grill are likely something that gets used a lot and produces a lot of delicious meals. But, just like your kitchen and cookware inside, it is necessary to fully clean them so that you can safely produce the best food possible. Nobody wants foods cooked on a dirty surface. But, if you have ever tried to clean a grill that has been somewhat neglected, you know how hard it can be to get all of that charred on food and debris off. A steam cleaner will penetrate even the most difficult and tough stains and food on grills and provide you with a clean cooking surface. Additionally, it can be used to clean any other area of your outdoor kitchen, including refrigerators, stoves, counters, dishwashers, and so much more.
- Sporting Goods
- If you store your sporting goods in the garage or outside shed like most of us do, you know they can get dirty, smelly and filled with bacteria. Golf clubs, hockey gear, football gear, helmets, pool gear and more can all get very dirty and, when combined with bodily fluids such as sweat or blood, they can become a breeding ground for bacteria that can lead to infection and other problems. The problem with sporting goods is that they can be rather challenging to clean with many small parts and porous surfaces. If you spray a chemical cleaner on them it will likely just get absorbed and not do much. Fortunately, steam cleaning is an effective tool when cleaning sporting goods because it can penetrate small spaces and porous surfaces to disinfect and clean better than any other chemical cleaning product.
- Car Interior
- While many people take their car to the dealer to get it detailed and cleaned out, that expensive and time consuming appointment is no longer necessary! Steam cleaners are capable of cleaning the entire interior of a vehicle, from hard surfaces to most upholstery. It can lift any dirt or debris, even in the tiniest of crevices, and remove it to leave your car looking like new.
10 Household Cleaning Chores to Tackle With Steam
It seems like every other day we are hearing about household cleaning products that contain chemicals that have been linked to cancer. While we want to keep our homes clean and stop the spread of bacteria, we should not have to choose between cleanliness and long-term health. Steam cleaning is a green alternative to chemical cleaning products that does not sacrifice in effectiveness and will not put your health at any risk from use. There are many steam cleaner and steam vacuum products available on the market but not all are created equal. Only high-end steam cleaning products, such as those made by Vapamore, are capable of heating water to such a high degree that it produces a steam vapor that is capable of killing 99% of bacteria. It is important to invest in a good portable steam cleaner such as the Vapamore MR-100 PRIMO or MR-75 AMICO Handheld Steam Cleaner because, once you have, you can clean all over your home. The vast majority of household cleaning tasks can be tackled with a steam cleaner, leaving you with a clean, chemical-free home that has been disinfected. Below are 10 household cleaning chores that can be cleaned with the simple but effective power of steam cleaning.
- Tile & Grout
- Everyday cleaning of tile is a breeze with a steam cleaner as it quickly and effectively disinfects your floor. Chemical floor cleaning products leave a residue that gets on the skin of you, your family and your pets. Steam cleaning is more effective and leaves no residue. Additionally, cleaning grout is a back-breaking chore that requires endless scrubbing and frustration. Steam cleaning lifts dirt deep down in the tiniest of crevices and removes it, leaving you with pristine grout using far less elbow-grease.
- Shower & Bath
- Showers and baths are exposed to moisture, soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, dirt, debris and other things so it is no surprise that it can get very dirty, very quickly. Showers and baths can be difficult to clean effectively but they are no match for the power of steam. Steam can get into every pore and lift dirt and mildew so that your shower or bath looks and smells like new.
- Kitchen Counters
- Your kitchen counters are the surfaces on which you frequently touch or prepare food, exposing you to harsh chemical residue from cleaning products multiple times a day. Not only are they being absorbed through your skin but you may even be ingesting them through food! If you have granite or stone counters they are porous and can even be damaged by chemical cleaners. Protect your investment and protect your family by steam cleaning your counters.
- We wash our hands and face and brush our teeth over a sink so it often collects germs and bacteria. It is important to completely disinfect sinks, as well as their plumbing fixtures and hardware to prevent the spread of illness in your home and keep them looking their best.
- It goes without saying that toilets can have a lot of bacteria in and around them. Cleaning a toilet is no one’s favorite activity but it must be done to prevent illness and the spread of harmful bacteria. Also, nothing looks more gross and uninviting than a dirty toilet. Steam cleaning disinfects and perfectly cleans your toilets both quickly and effectively.
- Patio Furniture
- While you may not think of the importance of cleaning patio furniture, it is exposed to outside elements and without proper cleaning can look dusty, dirty and downright unattractive. Your steam cleaner can be used to clean many kinds of patio furniture, as well as their cushions or upholstery, so that you can enjoy time spent outside.
- Pet Cages
- If you have a pet that spends any time of the day in a cage it can begin to smell and look dirty over time. Steam cleaning is the ideal way to get into small crevices of a cage or crate, disinfect, clean and eliminate unpleasant odors.
- That grill you use for burgers and hot dogs sees a lot of use and abuse. Because it is used to prepare your food it is important to keep it both clean and disinfected like you would with any other cooking product or utensil.
- Mattress are a breeding ground for dust mites, bed bugs and who knows what else. Keep the place you rest your head each night clean with steam which can kill insects in their tracks and keep your mattress smelling its best.
- Small children’s toys can be difficult to clean without chemicals. And, as we all know, children often stick toys in their mouth or play with toys and then put their hands in their mouth – spreading illness and germs. Quickly and effectively clean kids toys with steam.